Ban Than Khun Ratthawut Wichanบ้านท่านขุน_1436342920.jpg
Contact Details

Operating day : All Day

Operating time : 08.00 - 20.00

Share to :
Attraction Details
Nakhon Si Thammarat

Ban Than Khun Ratthawut Wichan narrates the story of Than Khun or Lord Ratthawut Wichan in the building, which is over 108 years lingered with vintage atmosphere. It also has beautiful handicrafts, local food and impressive souvenirs.On 15th December 1912, Mr. Khen Malayanon was granted the rank from the King to be Khun Ratthawut Wichan, the district chief of Klai city and held over 1,280,000 square meter land. Mr. Khen Malayanon was a son or Mr. Malai and Mrs. Somjeenmalayanon. He was married to Miss Pun Chakmanon, daughter of Mr. Kung and Mrs. Srikin Chakmanon. Mrs. Pun and Khun Ratthawut Wichan did not have any child so they gave this land and house to Mr. Kovit Trisattayapan who was the nephew and the edlest child of Mrs. Chan, the elder sister of Mrs. Pun. Later, Mr. Kovit Trisattayapan opened the school called “Ratthawut Witthaya” and later changed into “Nakorn Witthaya” school in 1939. It was closed in 1986.

In 1993, Mr. Samrarn Trisattayapan, the eldest nephew of Mr. Kovit Trisattayapan and Mrs. Nattasut Trisattayapan, and his wife renovated and developed the house into a well-furnished as the historical building for later generations and tourists. So they can observe the beauty of 108-year-old Panya style house. Nowadays, the house and land belong to Mr. Samrarn Trisattayapan’s family who is the owner and care taker.The interested tourist can visit this house of Than Khun Ratthawut Wichan every day. It is open from 8.00-20.00 hours. 

Read more
How to get there
Submit inquiries and request for more information:
Name :
Email :
Current Country :
message :